You can view the profiles of the Registered Users in your web store by multiple filtering options such as their Last Login Date/Account Creation Date, Group, User name, etc.
You can also create new users, add users into user groups, move users between groups, bulk import and edit existing user data, and bulk upload users taken from external sources through an excel spreadsheet. There is this and a lot more to understand about Member Profile, starting with its navigation :-
To go to Member Profile:
- Login to ACP
- Navigate to Customers
- Click on Member Profile
In right corner, you will find three options:
- User List - It is the main page which shows as soon as you open Member Profile. It consists of the list of existing registered users. You can create new users, add users into groups, bulk upload data and use filters to search registered customers through this tab.
- Attribute Profile - Lists down the attributes that needs to be assigned to the end-users. You can create these attributes as per the customer behavior at your store, such as, high-value customers, lucrative offer customers, latest gadgets customers, etc. You can create and manage any existing user attributes from this tab.
- User Groups - You can view and create new user groups from this tab.
How To View User Details?
After clicking on Member Profile, a User Profile tab will appear. The available users are listed in this page. You can filter the list through the available search options by clicking on Search Options. A new section will appear.
The following options are available in Search By drop-down:
- Create Date - Select this option when you want to filter the users through the date of user creation, and select the from and to dates through the From Date and To Date 'date pickers' respectively.
- Last Login Date - Select this option when you want to filter the users through the date of the last login, and select the from and to dates through the From Date and To Date 'date pickers' respectively.
- Recently Logged in - Select this option when you want to filter the users through the date of the recently logged in, and select the from and to dates through the From Date and To Date 'date pickers' respectively.
To filter the users through the username, enter the same in the User Name text box and to filter the users through the mobile number, enter the same in the Mobile No. text box.
The following options are available in the Search By drop-down (i.e. bottom one):
- First Name: To filter the users through the user's first name, select this option, and enter the first name of the user in the corresponding text box, which will be displayed after choosing this option.
- Last Name: To filter the users through the user's last name, select this option, and enter the last name of the user in the corresponding text box, which will be displayed after choosing this option.
- City Name: To filter the users through the user's City name, select this option, and enter the City name of the user in the corresponding text box, which will be displayed after choosing this option.
- Deactivated Users: To filter the users who are deactivated, select this option.
- Group By: To filter the users through the user group, select this option, and select the respective user group from the corresponding drop-down, which will be displayed after choosing this option.
You can specify single or multiple criteria for filtering the users. Click Search and the respective members will be listed in the grid.
Create & Manage Users
You can create the following cases through this tab:
- Create new user - In the User List Tab itself, you'll find an option of Create New User. Click on it and a new tab named Add/Edit Member details will appear. Fill in the required basic details about the user and click on Save. A new user will be added to the list.
- Edit user profile - To edit details of a user, click on the username of the respective user. You will be navigated to the Member Details tab. To edit details of the user, click on Edit Profile and make the required changes.
- Approve/Unapprove User- Click on the name of the user and scroll down to Approve User and the user will be successfully approved.
- Delete user- To delete users in bulk quantity, select the respective users from the list and click on delete at the bottom of the list. You can also select a single user here. If some orders have been raised against the user, the user can't be deleted, but the user will be inactivated.
- Change username - Click on the username of any user to change his/her name. You will be navigated to the member profile tab. Click on Change Username and enter the new username.
- Activate/Deactivate User - Click on the username of a user and scroll down to Activate/Deactivate User. Click on it and the user will be activated.
- View Wishlist - In the Member Profile tab, click on the Wish List Items in the Member Details page. You will be displayed a User Wish List dialogue box.
Note: Users can't be deleted if some orders are placed by the users. However, the user can be deactivated in this case. You can activate an inactive user or deactivate an active user.
How to Map Users To User Groups?
Select the number of users you are willing to migrate into the user group and click on Add To Group. The user Groups dialogue box will be displayed. Now, select the required User Group to which you want to map the selected users from the Select Group drop-down and click Submit.
How To Create Profile Attributes For End Users?
There are three tabs at the top right corner of the user lists page. One of them is Attribute Profile, click on it. You will be navigated to the Profile Attributes page.
Verify the list of available attributes (if any) in the List of Profile Attributes section. To create a new profile attribute, click on Add New Attributes. You will be navigated to the Add/Edit Profile Attribute page.
Follow the following steps to create profile attributes:
- Enter the name of the new Profile Attribute in the Attribute Name text box.
- Select the Is Mandatory checkbox if this Profile attribute is mandatory to be defined.
- Select the Is Pre-defined checkbox if this Profile Attribute is having only Predefined Values.
- When the Is Pre-defined checkbox is selected, the following radio buttons will be displayed.
- Single Select Dropdown: The profile attribute values will be displayed in a drop-down and the user can select a single value.
- Multi Select Dropdown: The profile attribute values will be displayed in a drop-down with checkboxes and the user can select multiple values.
- Radio Button: The profile attribute values will be displayed with radio buttons and the user can select a single value.
- Checkbox: The profile attribute values will be displayed with checkboxes and the user can select multiple values.
- To save the new Profile Attribute, click Save. You will be displayed a relevant success message. If you have selected Is Pre-defined checkbox, you will be displayed an Add Attribute Values section along with the success message.
- Enter predefined attribute value in the Attribute Value text box of the Add Attribute Values section. Click Save Value. The predefined attribute value will be saved and listed under the Attribute Values List section. You will be displayed a relevant success message too.
Editing Profile Attributes
In the List Of Profile Attributes tab, click on the edit icon to edit an existing attribute. A new tab will open named Add/Edit Profile Attributes.
Make the necessary changes in profiles of users. Click on Update and the changes are made.
Note: In case of predefined attribute values, you can also edit or delete existing values under Attribute Values List section through the respective edit or delete icons.
Deleting Profile Attributes
In the Profile Attribute Page itself, you will find a cross (delete) icon. Click on it and the respective Profile attribute.
How to Create a New User Group?
Click on the User Groups tab and you will be navigated to view the user groups page. To create a new user group, click on Create New User Group. You will be navigated to the Add/Edit User Group page. Follow the following steps to create a new user group:
- Enter the name of the new user group in the Group Name text box.
- Enter the description of the user group for internal reference in the a Group Description text box.
- To create an active user group, don't select the checkbox De-Active. If the user group is inactive, select De-Active checkbox.
- Click on Save and a new user group will be created.
How To Delete User Groups?
Click on User Groups and you will be navigated to the View User Group page. To delete a user group, click on the delete (cross) icon. You will be asked for confirmation through a dialogue box. Click on Ok and the user group will be deleted.