Catalog Promotions are the promotions that solely depend upon the Product tag, SKU, user group, or more such variants to be availed by the customer. It will be shown on the PLP or PDP page directly and will have a specific range of products under it.
The following are the features of Catalog Promotions:
- It will be shown on the Home page, Category page & product description page. For example, in the case of a “20% off on all shirts” the discounted prices will start showing up on the home page itself so that the customer clicks on it to go to the products under these promotions.
- You can build conditions based on attribute sets such as product brands or tags of the product.
- You can see the discounted prices directly on any search engine or the product page without the no need of going to the cart. For example, if a product is at a 10% discount, it will show the discounted price on any search engine as the discounted prices get incorporated in the Feeds generated.
- You can apply for promotions for a specific user group, such as men or women.
- You can limit the promotional benefits by defining a maximum number of orders having any promotional products that a user can place during a specific date range within the promotion running period.
Creating catalog promotions
To go to catalog promotions on ACP, login to your account and click on Marketing > Manage promotions > Catalog promotions. Here, you can either create a new promotion (click on 'Add New Promotion) or (edit an existing promotion). We will discuss the process after clicking on 'Add New Promotion' to learn about the whole process.
To create a catalog promotion, you need to configure the following three steps:
- Create catalog promotion with basic information (Rule Information)
- Configure availing conditions (Conditions)
- Define actions (Actions)
Step 1: Create a Catalog Promotion (Rule Information)
The first step in creating promotions involves adding the basic information of the promotion as mentioned in the following.
- Promotion Name: The primary purpose of a promotion title is to allow you to add or give a title to your catalog promotion and acts as a reference whenever the user wants to delete/edit it in future. For example, 20% off on SKU, Shirts offer Deal of the Day, and so on.
- Sequence Number: On the ACP platform, you can create multiple promotions for the same product. The sequence number allows you to give a number to your promotion and specify the order in which the promotion applies. The promotion with the least sequence number will be applied first. If you have more than one promotion active with the same sequence, the promotion which was made earlier will be applied first.
- Description: You'll have to add a brief description of the promotion. Either write about the offer or the products it features. This description is then available as an ML Tag to brands on Category pages so that the same can be displayed on the page.
- Active or not: If the promotion is active and ongoing, select yes. Whereas, if the promotion is inactive and not live, select no.
- Store Location: ACP platform enables you to create store-specific promotions using the Store Location selection option. You can configure the stores where you would like the promotions to run. Select the location where this promotion is applicable. Click on 'choose' and select one or more locations when the store locator box appears. Select the required locations from the drop-down and Submit.
- Channels: You can define channels on ACP and run promotions specifically by coming Storefront from those channels. A typical example would be configuring promotion only for Android App users or for mobile website users.
- Periodicity: It allows you to select a specific period of time in which the promotion is supposed to go active. Choose one of the Continuous Selection or Specific Selection.
- Continuous Selection: As the name suggests, it is for a continuous duration of time. For example, if you have selected a starting date/time and an end date/time, the promotion will continue to go every day between that date/time.
- One Time: Select the start date and the end date as per your preference. Then, select start time and end time. The promotion will go live every day in between the selected date and time.
- Weekly: Select this option to have the promotion started on a day of the week. Same as earlier, select the start day and time and end date and time, respectively. The promotion will go on between that period every day for the whole week.
- Monthly: Select this option to have the promotion started on a date of a month—Select and date and time. The promotion will go live every day for the whole month in between the selected time, continuously. Then, click submit.
- Specific Selection: This option allows you to select a specific duration of time for a promotion, which is not continuous. Here, if you select a particular date/time for a promotion, it will go live once on the specified date/time.
- One Time: Select the required start date/time and end date/time. The promotion will go once in between the selected date/time. It will not be a continuous cycle.
- Weekly: Select a specific day of a week for this promotion, and it will go live once on the specified date/time.
- Monthly: Select this for having the promotion on a specific date/time of a month throughout the promotion duration.
After when you're done with it, select Save and Next to move further.
Step 2: Define Conditions
Add details like which product is supposed to be under promotions. We can apply one or more conditions simultaneously, and you can use conditions under two possible categories.
The Product Parameters - The product parameters have categories like:
- Product SKU - It is the Product Stock Keeping Unit. This label allows the vendors to track the movement of the inventory automatically.
- Product Tags - The unique category in which a product lies, such as mens, kids, new arrivals, and so on.
- Category - It includes the variety of the product such as apparel and garments, roots and so on.
- Brand - Here, you can choose the brand of the product under your created promotion.
- Stock - In this, you have to select one of 'is available' or 'is not available.'
- Variant - You have to select one of the variants from different sizes, colors, neck styles, etc. For example, you will have to choose one of the 'S,' 'M,' 'L' sizes under 'size' to apply the promotion to it.
- User Group: Select the user group which is appropriate for your promotion, and click on submit. It is like a set of users who have either shopped previously with the brand or they are new users to the brand.
Step 3: Set Actions
Under Actions, you will have to update the product prices to which the promotion is applied. You will come across two categories:
- Product Price Discount - This includes individual products and their cost, to which the promotion is applied. You can either enter the amount in value or in percentage format.
- Bundle Offer Price - In this, you have to type in the bundle offer price according to the product or discount.
Note: You can apply only one of these two actions at one time.