About the release
As a part of JAS‘21, we have released the following features.
- Offering product customisation on Storefront
- Supporting referral programs on ACP
- Facilitating returns & replacements for Guest orders
Offering product customisation on Storefront
Until now, the ACP platform could support very limited product customisation on websites. These customisations were mostly supported by “Ad Hoc forms” which help brands fetch additional information pertaining to products added to cart in the form of text fields or dropdowns/radio buttons.
As a part of this enhancement, we have made these Ad Hoc forms more powerful such that it can power varied number of customisation experiences on both storefront & mobile applications:
- Now, brands can define different prices for each of the radio button options; these prices get added to the product price once the option is selected. A typical use case could be charging different prices for different colors/finishes of monograms.
- Brands can also configure checkbox based options such that each option has a different price associated with it. A typical use case would be a case wherein users want to get his name imprinted on multiple places on the product with each place costing different amounts.
- Brands can also take emoticons as inputs in text fields.
- Higher flexibility in defining look & feel & user journey.
How it works?
Refer template changes (for internal reference only) that need to be incorporated to support these customisations.
Supporting referral programs on ACP
Referral programs are a widely used marketing tactic that seeks to incentivise existing customers to recommend the brand to their family & friends.
Until now, the referral programs created on the CRM product were not supported on the ACP platform. This enhancement provides support for CRMs referral programs on ACP - thereby, creating consistency in user experience for brands running referral programs on both offline & online platforms.
How it works?
- As soon as a user registers on the Storefront, the ACP system triggers user creation & referral code generation in the CRM system.
- The newly registered users (Referrer) can get their referral codes generated as a part of the CRM referral program from their My Accounts section and share it with their friends & family.
- When the referred friend or family member (Referee) visits the Storefront website & registers; they will be able to enter a referral code in the Registration form.
- Upon registration or transaction by the Referee, the referral code gets communicated to the CRM system thereby generating rewards (coupon based or points based) for both the Referrer & Referee based on the campaign configuration.
- The rewards can then be used by the Referee/Referrer while making future transactions on the storefront like any other external coupon.
Facilitating returns & replacements for Guest orders
Around 20-30% of the orders placed on a typical Fashion & Apparel website are by guest users. And around 15-20% of the return orders are against the guest orders.
Until now, these guest users could track their orders via the “Track your order” page but were unable to manage their orders (place return/replacement requests) from there. Even registering on the website won’t help as we won’t map previously placed guest orders to the users.
The only option they had was to give a call at the customer care & raise their return/replacement request, leading to poor customer experience post booking.
How it works?
As a part of this enhancement, we have started mapping all the guest orders placed within the last one month by new registered users so that they can manage them on their My Account section.
This mapping of guest orders is done on the basis of the primary identifier of the user login.
Configurations & implementation
Implementation of this involves two pieces:
- Activating the guest order mapping: For this brands need to switch “Map Guest Orders on Registration” setting on Settings> Application settings> Registration and other settings section.
- Making users aware of this functionality: Brands need to nudge users at multiple touchpoints like Thank You page, Booking confirmation mails & messages and even Track your order page, to register so that they can better manage their orders.