Date: January 31, 2021
The following are the new releases and enhancements.
- Fetch shipments/orders by delivery slot using API
- Communication service to define communication templates executed using API
- Order push to POS failure notification
- Auto-select the fulfilled location during customer returns
- Enable Replacement order at Return Initiated status
Fetch shipments/orders by delivery slot using API
Previously no API provided a list of orders/shipments that are delivered in a particular delivery slot.
Some of our clients need this data for their route optimization software. Without real-time availability of this data, it is not easy to use route optimization software.
An API is developed that enables our clients to fetch the list of orders or shipments that are going to be delivered on a particular delivery slot. For details, see here.
Communication service to define communication templates executed using API
Previously in our communication service, a communication template can only be defined for a pre-defined communication event. Therefore, when there is a requirement to send any communication based on a custom event, our communication service's content management component cannot be used.
Communication templates are dissociated from communication events. If users want a communication template, they can define it without associating any predefined event.
The following are the steps to use a communication template.
- Navigate to Settings > Mail Manager > Manage Communication Event > Communication Templates.
- Click Create New Event to create a new template. Preview and publish the event.
The user can define variables in the template as %var%.
- See the system generated Template ID.
By default, the template is enabled. The user can disable/enable the template by clicking on disable/enable button.
- To execute this communication template, an API has been developed. For details, see here.
Order push to POS failure notification
For PH South Africa, PH Africa, and PH Nigeria, in many cases, the order does not get pushed to POS due to various reasons, including connectivity failure. In such a case, the order failure email goes to a distribution list.
Ideally, the order failure notification should go to the store operator or manager for which the order did not push to POS.
An option is added to define communication events based on order sub status change. An event can be triggered whenever the order pushed to POS fails.
The following are the steps to set event communication for the merchant with a specific recipient.
- Navigate to Settings > Mail Manager > Manage Communication Event > Merchant
- Click Create New Event to create a new event.
- In Send To, select your preferred user role-based recipients for the event and set the location for which it occurred.
- If you want the store operator to receive the email, you can select Role-based Users by selecting the store operator role, and this will send an email to the store operator. You can also choose multiple user role-based recipients from the drop-down list.
- As per requirement, the communication should reach the store operator of the store for which the order pushed to POS failed. To ensures that the email or SMS will be sent only to the location-specific store operator for which the event occurred, enable Is Location Based using the checkbox.
- Preview and publish the communication template and event.
Auto-select the fulfilled location during customer returns
Previously during customer returns, if the merchant wants to process a returned item to be delivered at the store/warehouse, it was fulfilled. The merchant has to check the fulfillment location from the order details page and select the same location from the Return > Allocate Logistics > Location drop-down. This can lead to manual errors and time-consuming when there are multiple returns to process.
An option is included to automatically ensure the location selected in the customer return shipment to the fulfillment location.
The following are the steps to enable the option.
- Navigate to the Orders & Leads > Return > Customer Return > Return Initiated > Allocate Logistics
- In Location, select Return Item to the Fulfillment Location using the checkbox.
- Once the Return Item to the Fulfillment Location option is selected, the fulfilled location automatically appears in the Location field value.
The location drop-down menu is disabled after the selection of Return Item to the Fulfillment Location.
- Click Initiate Reverse Pickup to apply the location changes.
Enable Replacement order at Return Initiated status
Replacement requests are the common requirement across all our Fashion merchants.
Fashion brands receive return requests for a good percentage (20-25%) of the orders. Based on further analysis, it is found that most of the returns are a result of customers ordering the wrong variant. Sometimes customers place a return and order a different size and sometimes they just return it, which leads to a loss of revenue.
An API is developed for creating a replacement order. For details, see here.