Summary of enhancements:
- Product tags at the variant level
- Common stores front APIs
- Catalog management APIs
- Update price slab API
- Permission level of predefined role-based users are made uneditable
- Image import from FTP
- User group list sorting
- Front API navigation API change
Context: Our current system allows the creation of product tags at the product level. Merchants want the tags at the variant level for use cases like running promotions on select variants, Creating offer pages on Storefront with select variants, etc.
Solution: Product tag functionality is enhanced to support tag configuration at the variant level.
- Bulk product tag upload and download: Variant SKU field is added in this upload.
- Product list search changes: The product list search will show the tags associated with variants.
- Product tag details page is modified to include variant details
- Update product tag developer API is modified to support mapping tags at the variant level
- Front API changes
- “Product-tags” query string parameter in front API product call will support variant level tags and the response includes products with the tag mapped at the variant level.
- Tags field at the variant level in the product call response includes all the tags applicable for that corresponding variant.
Tag configuration specifications
- A tag mapped at product level will be applicable for all the variants of the product
- To change a product level tag to variant level tag, product tag has to be deleted first before mapping to select variants
- A tag mapped at a variant level can be made global by associating it to product SKU
It is suggested to create a new tag when a specific tag configuration needs to be switched from product level to variant level or vice versa.
Note: This feature can be consumed on storefront after the development from the consumer journey team which is planned for sprint 31.
Context: Merchants want to enable their O2O use cases like Endlessaisle, save the sale from their POS/External applications. These use cases need APIs for product search and filtering.
Solution: Common stores' front API enables merchants to find a list of stores that have the set of products customers want to buy. In addition, Merchant can also get to know of any unavailable SKU by calling another API. This will help to modify the order accordingly.
Detailed specifications of these APIs are documented here: Common stores front APIs
Context: As part of the effort to enable automated catalog management, we are building a comprehensive set of APIs geared for consumption by our solutions/external integrations.
New APIs added -
- Create CategoryAttributeAndValues API
- Get category attributes and values
- Create tags API
Detailed specifications of these APIs are documented here: Catalog management APIs
Context: Updating price-slabs using Acp Developer APIs needed two API calls. One to delete slab and another two update new slabs. At times, this caused inconsistencies in item prices in orders.
- A single API is developed which will be transactional and helps solutions/external integrators to update price slab with one API call.
- The API deletes the existing slabs and updates the new slabs given.
- Update price-slab task history if given under Manage pricelist for tracking the tasks created through this API.
The detailed specification of this API is given here: Update price slab API
Context: Acp platform has certain predefined role-based users with their permission level preset. Changes by any merchant in the level of permissions for predefined roles were impacting the permission levels of all merchants.
Solution: Platform predefined roles are made uneditable with their permission levels preset. Admins can create a custom role and set their custom permission levels for their brand.
Changes: Filename extensions (jpg, png, and jpeg) in Ftp image import are made case-insensitive.
Changes: User group dropdowns are now sorted in alphabetical order. This will help in quick sorting in the case of merchants with many user groups. These dropdowns can be seen as part of pricelist creation, the addition of users to the user groups.
Changes: Navigations API is modified to include the information of category images. This supports category images in multi-languages.