How do I create a sample catalog promotion and test its effects before creating live promotions?
Why testing is required prior to run catalog promotions and how it can be carried out?
To create a sample catalog promotion and test its effects before creating live promotions, do the following:
- First register yourself (or through any 'User Name') as a user of your web store.
- Then, while creating a Catalog Promotion, add the required user groups to the promotion through Conditions tab and save the promotion after defining Conditions, Actions, and Capping Conditions (Optional).
- Please refer: Applying Promotions to certain User Groups: topic in Add Catalog Promotion to know how to add user groups to a promotion.
- The rest of the procedure of creating 'Catalog Promotion' is as same as Add Catalog Promotion
- Now the conditions are satisfied only for the users of selected 'User Group' (i.e. yourself). So, test the Catalog promotion by exploring all possible scenarios and once you have satisfied, remove the 'User Group' from the Conditions and save the promotion.
- That's all your testing is over, and your promotion is open for all now.
- Note: You can also apply thie promotion to the specific user groups as explained above.