How do I integrate the 'PayPal Express Checkout' payment gateway with my web store?
- You can configure the 'PayPal Express Checkout' payment gateway to your web store from here and also change the help content help content about this payment gateway for a better understanding of the end-user.
To integrate the PayPal Express Checkout payment gateway with your web store, do the following:
- Log in to the 'Anywhere Commerce Control Panel' by using your User Name (Email Address) and Password.
- You will be navigated to the Dashboard page.
- Click the icon. The Dashboard & Setup section will be displayed as shown in the figure.
- Click Checkout Options and select Online Checkout Options. You will be navigated to the Checkout Options > Online Checkout Options page.
- You can find out the checkout options that are not yet integrated to your store in the Available Checkout Options section and also find out the integrated checkout options for your store at the Selected Checkout Options section.
- Click the icon in the Available Checkout Options section and you will be navigated to the Checkout Options > PayPal Express Checkout Payment Gateway Configuration page.
PayPal Express Checkout Account Information:
- To give a name to this payment gateway, enter a suitable name (Ex: 'PayPal Express Checkout PG') in the Gateway Title text box.
- Note: The same name will be displayed in the payment gateway help content section when a user clicks the respective payment gateway tab during checkout.
- Enter your email address that is linked to your 'PayPal Express Checkout' PG in the PayPal User Email ID text box.
- Enter your API username in the API User Name text box.
- Enter your API password in the API Password text box.
- Enter your API signature information in the API Signature text box.
- Enter your application id in the Application ID text box.
- Enter the identification code for use by the third-party applications to identify transactions in the Button Source text box (Optional).
- Note: Character length and limitations: 32 single-byte alphanumeric characters.
- Shipping Details: To prompt/not prompt for the end-user's shipping address by PayPal Express Checkout even though the address was given at checkout page, select a suitable option from the Shipping Details drop-down.
- Note: PayPal asks end-user's shipping address again for confirmation.
- You have three options to select from:
- Prompt for an address, but do not require one: It means - buyer is prompted to include a shipping address at PayPal Express Checkout
- Do not prompt for an address: It means - buyer is not asked for a shipping address at PayPal Express Checkout
- Prompt for an address, and require one: It means - buyer must provide a shipping address at PayPal Express Checkout
- Environment: Select the type of transaction environment for using this payment gateway from the 'Environment' drop-down.
- Note: To use this payment gateway in Test/Live environment, select Sandbox/Production respectively.
- Payment Action: Select the applicable payment action from the Payment Action drop-down.
- Note: The available options are:
- Sale: When you create the simplest Express Checkout integration, you specify 'Sale' as the payment action, enabling you to receive the money right away. You can also set up a payment to be collected later, or refund a payment.
- Authorization: Choose this payment action if you need to ship the goods before capturing the payment or if there is some reason not to accept the payment immediately.
- Order: An Order payment action represents an agreement to pay one or more authorized amounts up to the specified total over a maximum of 29 days. Creating a PayPal Order indicates that the buyer has consented to the purchase but does not place the funds on hold. After creating the Order, you can capture the order directly without any additional authorization, or you can create an authorization API call to place funds on hold until you are ready to capture. Since the order does not place funds on hold, it is advised that you follow the second approach and create an authorization instead of capturing an Order directly.
- Please refer: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/express-checkout/integration-guide/ECRelatedAPIOps/ for further information.
- Type of Integration: Select the integration type for this payment gateway from the Type of Integration drop-down.
- Note: The available options are:
- Standard Payment: This option is for the regular PayPal Express Checkout Integration.
- Chained Payment: This option is for the Merchant and Vendor payment flow control. When this option is selected, if an order is placed against a vendor's product in Merchant's site, then order amount will be added first to Merchant's Account, and then by leaving the application commission in Merchant's Account, the rest of the amount will be credited to Vendor's account by using Vendors PayPal Email Id.
Please Refer: Create Vendor for further details.
- Parallel Payment: This option is for Publisher (L5) and Supplier (L6) payment flow control and is kept for future enhancements.
- Enter your store name in the Brand Name text box.
- Enter the full path of your store logo in the Logo Path text box.
- Note: Either 'Store Name' or 'Logo' will be displayed in the 'PayPal Express payment gateway' Page.
- To configure the currencies to be processed while using the payment gateway, select the relevant checkboxes of the Currencies Processed section.
- Note: Consult the payment gateway service provider for multi-currency configuration.
- To convert the transaction amount into your base currency, select the Convert to Base Currency checkbox.
- Enter the name of the tab for PayPal Express Checkout payment gateway in the Tab Name text box. The same name will be displayed in the Step-4 of single page checkout page against the PayPal Express Checkout PG.
Help Content for displaying on Payment Page of Storefront:
- The Help Content for displaying on Payment Page of Storefront describes the PayPal Express Checkout payment gateway at your storefront while checkout through the Online Payment for the easy understanding of the end-user.
- To customize the default help content about this payment gateway, click the click here link.
- This will open the Payment Options dialogue box containing a Word editor, where you can edit the content to be displayed on the payment page.
- This is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor and whatever the style of text you enter here, the same style will be displayed at your storefront while checkout through the Online Payment. You can also insert the HTML content, links, and images here.
- To save this 'user content,' click Submit.
- To save the configuration, click Save. You will be displayed a success message.
- You can associate products with this PG. By default, all products are associated with this 'payment gateway' from now. To change the product association, click the Edit link of the payment gateway in the Selected Checkout Options section as shown in the figure. You will be navigated to the Checkout Options > PayPal Express Checkout Payment Gateway Configuration page.
- Click SKU Association. Then the following section will be opened as shown in the figure.
- Click Manage Products. You will be displayed Select Product(s) for Mapping dialog box.
- Search the products through multiple searching options such as the Title/Category/Brand/Product Tag/Seller/Availability in eXchange/Location/Product Status/Price Range and through SKU. This will list out the products as per search criteria.
Select the required products that are displayed as per the default search criteria.
- Select the checkboxes of the required product(s) for mapping the 'payment gateway' and click Add. The selected products will be listed in the Checkout Options > PayPal Express Checkout Payment Gateway Configuration page as shown in the figure.
- Repeat the same for selecting all the other required products. The selected product(s) will be associated with this 'payment gateway'.
- You can add more products or delete unwanted products. To delete some products, select the respective checkboxes of the products and click Delete.
- You can also add more products through the Manage Products button.