How do I create a discount voucher campaign?
To add/create a new discount voucher campaign, do the following:
- Log in to the 'MartJack Control Panel' by using your User Name (Email Address) and Password.
- You will be navigated to the Dashboard page.
- Click the icon. The Marketing section will be displayed as shown in the figure.
- Select Discount Vouchers. You will be navigated to the Discount Voucher Campaigns page.
- To add a new campaign, click Add New Voucher Campaign. You will be navigated to the Add/edit Discount Voucher Campaign page.
- Enter the title of the campaign in the Campaign Title text box.
- Voucher Based Amount: This option is applicable to the 'gift voucher campaign', and hence it's inactive here.
- You can give a discount by two ways:
- i) Specific 'Percentage on the Web Price'
- ii) Specific Amount (i.e. Flat amount)
- To apply the discount by a specific 'percentage' on the 'Web price' or by a 'specific amount', select ‘%’ or ‘Rs’ respectively from the Amount drop-down.
- If you choose '%', you will be displayed Max Discount Amount (Threshold Amount) text box below the Min Purchase (Minimum Cart Amount) text box. So, you can limit the maximum discount amount when you are giving the discount through %.
- For example: If the 'Web Price' is Rs. 10000 and you have given 20% discount but you have mentioned the 'Max Discount Amount' as Rs. 1200, the customer can avail a maximum of Rs 1200 discount instead of Rs 2000 (i.e. 20% of Rs 10000) discount.
- Enter the minimum purchase amount for qualifying the discount (if any) in the Min Purchase (Minimum Cart Amount) text box.
- Enter the maximum discount amount (in case of percentage is chosen from the Amount drop-down), in the Max Discount Amount (Threshold Amount) text box.
- Note: Total discount amount cannot exceed this value after applying percentage discount on order value.
- To apply a discount on the 'shipping cost' also (i.e. Web Price + Shipping Cost), select the Include Shipping Cost checkbox. If the 'shipping cost' is included, the user can use the discount voucher for shipping amount also.
For Example, if the 'Web Price' is 500 and 'Shipping Cost' is 25, the discount will be applied on the amount 525 (either '%' or 'fixed amount') and the user can avail respective discounts by using the 'discount voucher'.
- To enable a campaign, select the Enable Campaign checkbox.
- To run a campaign for ‘Local Deals’, select the Is Offline Campaign checkbox.
- Enter the discount Voucher description in the Remarks text box.
- Validity Period: The vouchers (voucher codes) created under this campaign are valid as per the 'validity period' mentioned here. There are two types of validity periods you can specify:
- i) Specific date range: This option is useful when you want to specify all the vouchers (i.e. voucher codes) created under this campaign are valid for a specific date range as mentioned here (i.e. in the campaign).
- That means, in this option, the validity period of all the vouchers (i.e. voucher codes) is same irrespective of the voucher creation date.
- To mention the validity period as a specific date range, select the Fixed option from the Validity Type drop-down. Select the date range from the respective Valid From and Valid Till 'date pickers'
- ii) Specific No. of days: This option is useful when you want to specify the vouchers (i.e. voucher codes) created under this campaign are valid for the specific no. of days as mentioned here (i.e. in Campaign) from the 'voucher activation date' that is mentioned in the respective voucher(s).
- That means, in this option, the validity period of the vouchers (i.e. voucher codes) created under this campaign is same (i.e. the number of valid days is same) but it starts from the respective 'voucher activation date' of vouchers.
- To mention the validity period as a specific number of days from the voucher activation date, select the Periodic option from the Validity Type drop-down. Enter the respective number of days in the Validity Days text box.
Associate Campaign To: You need to associate the applicable products of your catalog for this campaign. The discount vouchers created against this campaign will be valid for only those associated products.
- To apply this discount voucher campaign to 'all products', select the All Products radio button.
- To apply this discount voucher campaign to the products having 'specific product tags', select the Product Tags radio button, and select the respective checkboxes of applicable 'Product Tags'.
- To apply this discount voucher campaign to the products of specific categories, select the Category radio button, and select respective checkboxes of applicable 'Categories'.
- To apply this discount voucher campaign to the 'specific products', select the SKU radio button, select the required Category/Product Group from the drop-down, and select respective checkboxes of applicable SKUs.
- To create the Discount Voucher Campaign, click Add. The 'Discount Voucher Campaign' has been created now and you will be displayed a Success message as shown in Figure.