How do I create different sizes of images for my products?
- Note: Before creating different sizes of images, you need to define the dimensions of different types of images for your Web store for adding the multisized images to the products.
(To define the dimensions of different types of images, Pl refer: Image Settings)
To create different sizes of product images, do the following:
- Copy your product images and paste into a folder. For example, Image folder.
- Double-click the icon.
- If you don't have a 'Martjack Multiscale Image Composer' tool, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org for getting the same.
- This will open a 'Martjack Multiscale Image Composer' dialog box as shown in the figure.
- To select the source folder in which you have stored your original images (i.e. 'Image' folder in this example), click Browse. This will open Browse for Folder dialog box.
- Select the folder (i.e. 'Image' in this example) in which you have stored all your product images and click OK. The selected folder location will be displayed in the Source Path text box of the MartJack Multiscale Image Composer dialog box.
- Change the Image sizes of different types of images such as Thumbnail, Large, Small in the Width and Height text boxes as required.
- Note: In addition to the Thumbnail, Large, Small images, if you want to create Swatch, Custom images, you need to repeat the same process again as explained below.
- If Zoom images are required, select Zoom radio button and enter the sizes of Zoom images in the Zoom Image Width and Zoom Image Height text boxes.
- If you want Deep Zoom images, select Deep Zoom radio button.
- When 'Deep Zoom' images are selected, relevant XML files created in Additional Images sub-folder within Output Images folder.
- At a time you can only create either Zoom or Deep Zoom images. If you want to create both images, you need to repeat the process.
- Select the type of Output Images you want from the Image Formats drop-down.
- Note: There are two options for selection PNG and JPEG. If you don't select any option, by default it will consider JPEG.
- Click Get Files. The file names of original images in source folder (i.e. Image folder in this example) will be displayed in Image Filename column of Details table.
- Click Start.
- The Destination Path of the re-sized images will be automatically mentioned by the system, and it will the sub-folder of your source image folder (i.e. Image folder in this example) and it is named as 'Output Images'.
- The status of the each image will be updated in Status column of Details table and you will be displayed a relevant informative message through the Information dialog box.
- Click OK on the Information dialog box, and the dialog box will be closed.
- You can check the result in Output Images folder within the original images folder (i.e. Image folder in this example.)
- Note: The output images will be stored in the respective sub-folders of Output Images folder such as Large, Small, Thumbnail, Zoom, Additional Images (i.e. Deep Zoom Images)
- Note: If you want to create other images such as Swatch, Custom, Zoom/Deep Zoom images, then rename the Output Images folder (for example rename it as Output Images1) before reusing this tool for creating those images.
- If you don't rename 'Output Images' folder and using this tool again for creating other images such as Swatch, Custom, Zoom/Deep Zoom images, then this time also the output images will be stored automatically in the Output Images folder and previous images will be replaced by new images.
Suppose, you have used Thumbnail textboxes for creating Thumbnail images first time and Swatch images second time, if the Output Images folder is not renamed, then the previous images of the Thumbnail folder (i.e. 'Thumbnail Images') in Output Images folder will be replaced by the later images (i.e. Swatch Images).
- If you want to create the other images such as Swatch, Custom, Zoom/Deep Zoom images, rename the Output Images folder (as explained above) and follow the same procedure.
- To create the Swatch or Custom Images, you can mention the relevant sizes in the Thumbnail or Large Image or Small Image text boxes and respective images will be created in the Thumbnail or Large or Small sub-folders of Output Images folder. You need to remember which text boxes are used for which image.
- The Deep Zoom images will be created (XML files) in the Additional Images sub-folder of Output Images