- You can reach to this section after clicking the Save and Next button in the previous step (i.e. in Basic Information) or you can also reach by clicking the Additional Information tab at the top right corner of the page as shown in the figure.
- The offer text (i.e. description) will be displayed on the Products Details page just below the product image i.e. in the Offers tab. To enter the offer text, click Edit. You will be displayed an Offer Text dialog box.
- The Offer Text dialog box is a Microsoft Word- WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor and whatever the style you enter here, it will be displayed in the same style in the storefront.
- Here you can enter plain or normal text, HTML Content, Images, Flash Images (URLs of flash), URL & Email links, etc… as per your requirement here. (Please refer Multipurpose Box for knowing more about the 'WYSIWYG' editor)
- To display offer text in the Products Details page just below the product image i.e. in the Offers tab, enter the relevant text in the text box in your desired style and click Update.
- The 'Offer Image' will appear under the 'Offers' tab of the 'product details' page. To upload an offer image, click the Add Image button of the Offer Image text box. This will open the Image Picker dialogue box displaying the uploaded images of the Large folder of the 'File Manager'.
- Double-click a suitable image. The respective image will be selected in the Offer Image text box.
Other Product Information:
- Enter the 'Bar Code' of the product (if any) in the Bar Code text box.
- Note: In the case of multiple barcodes for this product, enter them comma separated in the Bar Code text box.
- Enter the 'model number' of the product (if any) in the Model Number text box.
- Enter the 'catalog code' (if any) of the product in the Catalog Code text box.
- Select the vendor from the Vendor drop-down in the case of a 'vendor product'.
- Enter the SKU of the vendor (if any) in the Vendor SKU text box in case of a 'vendor product'.
- Select the 'Standard Product Type' (if applicable) from the 'Standard Product Type' drop-down. These are the internationally recognized 'Standard Product Types.'
- Note: The available options are:
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- HSN: HSN is the 'Harmonized System Nomenclature code number' and it's required for the GST. The 'HSN code' can be shown under each item level in the order invoice and tax reports (i.e. Advance Tax Voucher, Refund Voucher, and Credit Note).
- Enter the 'manufacturer's part no.' (if any) in the MPN (Manufacture's Product Number) text box.
- Enter the 'standard product code' related to the selected 'Standard Product Type' in the Standard Product Code text box.
- UOM Information: This is the information about the Unit of Measurement.
- Select the unit of measurement from the UOM drop-down. The following options are available for selection:
- Pieces: If the UOM is in units of product/variant, select this option.
- Kgs, Grams, Litres: If the product is to be sold on a weight or volume basis, select Kgs or Grams or Litres as per applicability.
- Buying Weight: The buying weight is the base weight of the product or variant and will override the Shipping Weight. When the product or variant is sold on a weight basis, the 'buying weight' is used. It can be modified by the user in the 'picklist App' and modified weight will be considered for the price calculation and final invoice.
- If the UOM is 'Kgs, Grams, Litres', the Buying Weight should be defined.
- If the UOM is 'Kgs, Grams, Litres' and the product has no variants, the buying weight should be defined at the product level. Else, the buying weight should be defined at the variant level.
- Example: If the user has ordered a Watermelon of 1 KG when the picker checks the actual weight of picked Watermelon may be plus or minus of 1 Kg. The picker updates the 'buying weight' as per the actual weight so that the prices are applied as per the current weight.
- Shipping Weight: The existing 'Product Weight' is renamed as 'Shipping Weight'. When the product or variant is not sold on a weight basis, and the weight is required only for defining shipping charges, the shipping weight is used.
- The shipping weight is considered for the product or variant when the 'UOM' is in 'Pieces', it is the unit weight which cannot be changed in picklist by a picker.
- LBH: It's the volumetric weight volumetric weight of the product or variant, and it should be mentioned after multiplying the LxBxH
Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
- Enter the title of the page in the way you want to display it in the search results when searched through the Google, in the Page Title text box for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) purpose.
- A page title is one of the most important on-page ranking factors and it should be always given highest priority. The page title tag shows up in the 'Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs)'.
- Search engines such as the Google, Yahoo and Bing use the title tag found within your page’s HTML code as the search results’ title for that page.
- By default, the 'Page Title' will be displayed in the storefront as the 'Category Name, Title of the product' (i.e. when you don't define any title). Although it's better than nothing, may not enough for better optimization of your web page. So, you can define most relevant title here to aid the user in better understanding the page or for better a search engine optimization.
- Enter the 'Meta tag keywords' for your product page in the Keyword text box for SEO purpose.
- Enter the 'Meta tag description' for your product page in the Description text box for SEO purpose.
- Enter the 'keywords for your product page URL' in the URL Key Rewriter text box for SEO purpose. The same keywords will be inserted in that product page URL and helpful for the SEO purpose.
- Enter the 'alternate text of small image' for SEO purpose to search that image through these tag words, in the SmallImage Alt Text text box.
- Enter the 'alternate text of large image' for SEO purpose to search that image through these tag words, in the LargeImage Alt Text text box.
Time Bound Active/Inactive
Time Bound Active/Inactive:
- This interface facilitates you to define the time frame, which denotes the validity of the product at your Web store.
- You have multiple options to specify the periodicity as per your merchandising requirements.
- After the expiry of this period, the product cannot be seen by the customers. However, you have the option to showcase the product even after the expiry period if needed.
- Note: If you have defined Variants for this product, this section will be displayed under the 'Variants' tab while adding or editing Variants.
- There are three options under the Periodicity drop-down.
- One Time: When this option is selected, the product is valid from 'Start Date' & 'Start Time' to 'End Date' & 'End Time'. For 'One Time' configuration, selection of the 'Start Date' and 'End Date' is mandatory.
- Select the 'Start Date' and 'End Date' from respective date pickers. You can also select the 'Start Time' and 'End Time' from respective 'Time Pickers'.
- Weekly: Select this option when the product is valid on specific weekdays. When this option is selected, the Select Week drop-down will be displayed.
- Select the required weekdays from the Select Week drop-down.
- You can also select the 'Start Date','End Date' and 'Start Time', 'End Time' from respective 'date and time pickers'. In this scenario, the product will be valid on specified weekdays between the time span as defined through 'Start Date','End Date' and 'Start Time', 'End Time' 'date and time pickers'.
- Example: Product is available on every Monday and Thursday from 1st Apr 2016 to 30th Sep 2016.
- Monthly: Select this option when the product is valid on specific days of a month. When this option is selected, the Select Day drop-down will be displayed.
- Select the required days from the Select Day drop-down.
- You can also select the 'Start Date','End Date' and 'Start Time', 'End Time' from the respective 'date and time pickers'. In this scenario, the product will be valid on specified days between the time span as defined through 'Start Date','End Date' and 'Start Time', 'End Time' 'Date and Time Pickers'.
- Example: Product is available on the 2nd and 6th day every month from 1st Apr 2016 to 30th Sep 2016.
- Show Expired? When this option is selected, the product will be always displayed in the storefront irrespective of the periodicity as discussed above. That is, the product will be displayed even after the expiry of its validity period.
- Note: If this option is not selected, the product will be displayed in the storefront only till the expiry of it's validity. After that, the product will not be displayed in the storefront.
- To hide the 'product price' on your web store (if required), select the Hide Price checkbox.
- You can make prices available for the end-users through e-mail or SMS when he registers to your web store.
- To configure the tax charges for this product, select the appropriate 'tax code from the Available Codes column and click '' icon. The selected codes will be moved to the Selected Codes column.
- To remove a selected 'Tax Code' for this product, select the code from the Selected Codes column and click the '' icon. The removed tax code will be added back to the Available Codes column.
- Note: To select multiple codes, hold the 'Ctrl' key and select.
- Select New or Used as per the condition of the product from the Condition drop-down.
- Select No Warranty or Manufacturer or Dealer as per the source of warranty from the Warranty by drop-down.
- Enter the number of months of warranty in the Warranty text box if Warranty is provided by the Dealer/Manufacturer.
- Custom Fields: To associate an Ad-hoc Form to this product, which will be displayed on the product details page, select the suitable 'Ad-hoc Form' from the Custom Fields drop-down.
- Ad-hoc Forms allow you to create customized web forms with a number of custom fields of your choice that suitable to your business.
- These forms facilitate your end-user to fill the details as mentioned in the forms and submit.
- These forms can be a user query form, product feedback form, customer satisfaction feedback form, customer contact details form, etc…
- You can also create various options for customizing a product such as color, collar type, neck model, back design, cufflings, Button & Thread, Pocket, etc… through respective XML code in an 'Ad-hoc' form ( Please Refer: Ad-Hoc Forms) and associate that form to respective products (through the 'Custom Fields' drop-down under the 'Additional Information' tab as explained in this page) so that options are displayed on the 'product details' page and the price of the product will be changed at runtime as per the selection of options .
- The selected form will be displayed on the Products Details page so that the user can provide the required information accordingly.
For example the user can enter the personalized text in the corresponding text box on the 'product details page' so that it can be printed on the 'T-Shirts' while ordering for 'Personalized T-Shirts'.
- For further usages of the 'Ad-hoc Forms', Please refer: Ad-Hoc Forms
- To display 'Deals' & 'Deal Details', select appropriate 'Section Page' from the Section' drop-down.
- Enter the additional information about the product (if any) in the Note text box of Product Note section.
Note: This is for internal reference only and not displayed on any page.
- To proceed further, click Save and Next. You will be navigated to the Add New Product Variant page for adding the 'product variants' (If you would have selected the “Does this product has product options/Variants” checkbox in the Product Details section as discussed earlier. Please Refer: Basic Information). Else, you will be navigated to the Enter Product Attributes page for specifying the attribute values.
- You can also click Save and Return to Product List button, to save the 'product information' and redirect to the 'Product List' page.
- You can also click Save and Add New button, to save the 'product information' and add a new 'product'.
- You can also click Save button to save the 'product information' and stay on the same page (i.e. if you don't want to add further details now).