How do I create and run buy 'X' and get 'X' free type of promotions at my web store?
- Here if a customer purchases 'X' product, the customer gets another 'X' product (i.e. same product) as a free product.
- It can be also treated as 'Buy 2X and get 50% off on 'web price' of both Products'. So, we will proceed in this way.
Note: The following screenshots depict the promotion step by step:
- Please note that the 'Is Repetitive' option is 'Yes' and the 'Allow Further Promotions'? option is 'No' here.
- Note: Please refer Add a Cart Promotion for configuring the rest of fields in 'Rule Information'.
- When the user updates the cart with 1 qty of 8 GB USB SKU, no discount will be applied.
- When the user updates the cart with 2 qty of 8 GB USB SKU, 50% discount will be applied to both products. i.e. 'Buy X and Get X free' promotion is satisfied here.
- The user may go for the additional purchase of the same item as there is a promotion. In this example, the 'Is Repetitive?' option was selected as Yes. So, see how the promotion works…
- When the user updates the cart with 3 qty of 8 GB USB SKU, 50% discount will be applied on qty 2. (i.e. 50% discount only on qty-2, but not on qty-3)
- But, when the user updates the cart with 4 qty of 8 GB USB SKU, 50% discount will be applied on qty 4. It means, if the user buys 2X, the user gets 2X. i.e. 'Buy 2X and Get 2X free' promotion also satisfied here as the 'Is Repetitive?' option was selected as Yes.
- In this example, as the products defined through 'Actions Conditions' are already added to the cart, the Special offer(s) section and the Avail Offer link will not be displayed on the cart page. Hence, the promotional message defined in the 'Message for Action Conditions' text box of the 'Rule Information' section also not displayed on cart page, which has to be displayed on the Special Offer(s) section.
- So, the user can't know whether any offers are available or not. However, you can display the promotional message by creating another promotion as explained below:
How to display Promotional Message in this example?
- To display the 'Message for Action Conditions' (i.e. Promotional Message), in this scenario, you need to define another promotion prior to this promotion with the same periodicity and the Allow Further Promotions ? option is selected as Yes as mentioned below:
- First, change the sequence number of previous promotion (i.e. which was discussed above) as 2 (if previous sequence number is '1')
- Note: We need to change the sequence of previous promotion as said above because we want to create another promotion for displaying popup which would apply prior to the previous promotion.
- Add another promotion as per the following screenshots.
- Note: Please mention the clear message in the Message for Action Conditions text box, so that the user can avail the offer without any misunderstanding.
- Please note that the 'Is Repetitive' option is 'No' and the 'Allow Further Promotions'? option is 'Yes' here.
- Keep the 'Actions' as blank and configure only the Actions Conditions
- When the user adds any product from the USB Media category to cart, the Special Offer(s) section will be displayed on the cart page and it contains the 'promotional message,(' which was specified in the 'Message for Action Conditions' text box of the 'Rule Information' section) and the Avail Offer link.
- When the user clicks Avail Offer link, a popup will be displayed with offer message and offer products.
- When the user adds 2 products of 'Sony 8 GB USB Micro Vault', the 50% discount has been applied.