For defining the rules of a 'cart promotion' in a right way that works for you, a lot of trial and error is required. So, let's find few examples of Cart promotions for better understanding.
As the procedure for adding a cart promotion is already explained in Add a Cart Promotion, here we will discuss the respective promotions through the screenshots only.
Note: These examples are only for understanding the 'cart promotions'. There are many more scenarios in which you can run the cart promotions as per your Business need. All you need is a better creativity.
Do It Yourself:
How do I create and run 'buy 'X' and get 'X' free' type of promotions at my web store? Pl refer:Buy X and get X free
How do I create and run 'buy '2X' and get 'X' free' type of promotions at my web store? Pl refer:Buy 2X and get X free
How do I create and run 'buy 'X' and get '2X' free' type of promotions at my web store? Pl refer:Buy X and get 2X free
How do I create and run 'buy 'X' and get 'Y' free' type of promotions at my web store? Pl refer:Buy X and get Y free
1. If all the conditions are met, but the 'Actions Conditions' are not met (i.e. the products suggested through 'Actions Conditions' are not added to cart), Special Offers section will be displayed on cart page.
2. After clicking the Avail Offer link in the Special Offer(s) section, a popup will be displayed with suggesting products as per the criteria mentioned in Actions Conditions except for Price Range, Qty., and Weight.
3. However, you can tag the products of a specific price range with a 'product tag' and display them through popup for suggesting the promotional products.
4. If you mention some 'action conditions' for suggesting the products and specify 'Qty.' in 'Actions', then the Special Offer(s) section will be displayed till both the 'Actions Conditions' and the 'Qty.' specified in 'Actions' are met.
5. The 'Is Repetitive?' clause is not effective with the following actions:Cart Sub Total Discount and Shipping Cost Discount.