How do I map my category attributes with the Google’s attributes to capture the attribute data in the generated Google feed?
To map your category attributes with the Google’s attributes to capture the attribute data in the generated Google feed, do the following:
- Log in to the 'MartJack Control Panel' by using your User Name (Email Address) and Password.
- You will be navigated to the Dashboard page.
- Click the icon. The Marketing section will be displayed as shown in the figure.
- Click Feeds, and select Attribute Mapping. You will be navigated to the Google Merchant Center - Attribute Mapping page.
- To view the Google attribute list, click the Download Google Attribute list link. The GoogleAttributeList.xls file will be downloaded. Double click the GoogleAttributeList.xls, and it will be displayed as shown in the following screenshot.
- To download the latest mapped attributes of your store, click Download Mapped Attributes. The GoogleAttributeMaping.xlsx file will be downloaded.
- To open the GoogleAttributeMaping.xlsx file, double-click the file and it will be displayed as shown in the following screenshot.
- Note: You can also download the default Excel format for the ‘Google attribute mapping’ by clicking the respective click here link. The GoogleAttributeMappingTemplate.xls file will be downloaded. However, there will be no data available in the downloaded file. And hence, it is always better to download latest data by clicking the Download Mapped Attributes button. But, when you are doing the attribute mapping for the first time, download the default Excel (i.e. GoogleAttributeMappingTemplate.xls), update the data and upload the Excel.
- Now map the suitable Google attributes against your own attribute ids.
- Now upload the GoogleAttributeMaping.xlsx file. To do so, click Browse in the Google Merchant Center - Attribute Mapping page. You will be displayed the Open dialog box.
- Select the updated GoogleAttributeMaping.xlsx file and click Open. The dialog box will be closed and the name of the selected file will be displayed in the Upload Excel text box.
- Click Upload. The file will be uploaded, and you will be displayed a success message. you can find the upload status, total rows, updated rows, failed rows (due to validations), failed rows (due to exceptions), etc… are updated in run-time under the Task History section.
- In the case of any failures in the upload, you can view the icon under the Action column, by clicking which you can navigate to the Error Logs Summary page.
- You can view the error messages, rectify the mistakes, and upload the file again.
- You can view the uploaded file by clicking the icon under the Action column.
- You can delete required task histories by clicking the respective icon under the Action column.
- Now you can generate the Google feed.