How do I map my own categories with the Google categories for generating the Google feeds?
To map your categories with the Google categories for generating the Google feeds, do the following:
- Log in to the 'MartJack Control Panel' by using your User Name (Email Address) and Password.
- You will be navigated to the Dashboard page.
- Click the icon. The Marketing section will be displayed as shown in the figure.
- Click Feeds, and select Category Mapping. You will be navigated to the Google Merchant Center - Category Mapping page.
- To view the Google categories, click the Download Google Category list link. The taxonomy.en-US.xls will be downloaded. Double-click the taxonomy.en-US.xls, and it will be displayed as shown in the following screenshot.
- To download the latest mapped categories of your store, click Download Mapped Categories. The GoogleCategoryMaping.xlsx file will be downloaded.
- To open the GoogleCategoryMaping.xlsx file, double-click the file and it will be displayed as shown in the following screenshot.
- Note: You can also download the default Excel format for the ‘Google category mapping’ by clicking the respective click here link. The GoogleCategoryMappingTemplate.xls file will be downloaded. However, there will be no data available in the GoogleCategoryMappingTemplate.xls file. And hence, it is always better to download latest data by clicking the Download Mapped Categories button. But, when you are doing the category mapping for the first time, download the default Excel (i.e. GoogleCategoryMappingTemplate.xls), update the data and upload the Excel.
- Now map the suitable Google categories against your own categories.
- Note: The Google categories should be entered in the Google Product Categories column against your required categories in the GoogleCategoryMaping.xlsx file in a Parent Category > SubCategory > Sub SubCategory > Leaf-level Category format. Save the GoogleCategoryMaping.xlsx file in a suitable location.
- Now you should upload the GoogleCategoryMaping.xlsx file. To do so, click Browse in the Google Merchant Center - Category Mapping page. You will be displayed the Open dialog box.
- Select the updated GoogleCategoryMaping.xlsx file and click Open. The dialog box will be closed and the name of the selected file will be displayed in the Upload Excel text box.
- Click Upload. The file will be uploaded and you can find the upload status, total rows, updated rows, failed rows (due to validations), failed rows (due to exceptions), etc… are updated in run-time under the Task History section.
- In the case of any failures in the upload, you can view the icon under the Action column, by clicking which you can navigate to the Error Logs Summary page.
- You can view the error messages, rectify the mistakes, and upload the file again.
- You can view the uploaded file by clicking the icon under the Action column.
- You can delete required task histories by clicking the respective icon under the Action column.
- Now you can generate the Google feed.