How do I view, create and manage Shopping Lists?
To view, create and manage Shopping Lists, do the following:
- Log in to 'MartJack Control Panel' by using your User Name (Email Address) and Password.
- You will be routed to 'Dashboard' page.
- Click Customers module and select Shopping Lists tab. You will be routed to Manage Shopping Lists page.
- There are two different tabs here: Merchant defined lists and User defined lists.
1. Merchant defined lists
- By default, Merchant defined lists tab will be opened and displays available lists under Available Shopping Lists section.
- Note: By default Default WishList is created for the merchant, which is displayed in 'My Account' section. The 'Default WishList' can't be deleted.
- However, you can make required list as default list, so that you can display different lists to user by default as per your promotional strategies. If you make another list as default shopping list, then that list can't be deleted, and the original 'Default WishList' can be deleted (if required).
Please Refer: Default Shopping List to know how to make a shopping list as default shopping list.
Creating New Shopping List
- To create a new shopping list, click Add New Shopping List button. You will be routed to Add/Edit Shopping List page.
- Enter the name of the shopping list in List Name textbox.
- Enter the reference code for this list in Ref. Code textbox.
- If you want to apply this shopping list only to particular group of users, then select the respective User Group from Apply to User Group dropdown.
- You have the choice whether to display the shopping list to end-users or not. If you want to display this shopping list to end-users, select Display to End-user checkbox.
- You can allow the users to modify your shopping lists. To allow the users to add or delete the products from this shopping list, select Allow user to add/delete the products checkbox.
- Select the privacy level of this shopping list from Privacy Level. There are two options - Public & Private
- Public list can be shared by the user to other people. In case of a Public list, user can find Share link for that list in My Account section as shown in figure. When the lick is clicked, respective URL will be displayed, and user can copy that URL and share it to others as per user requirement.
- A Private list can't be shared to others.
- To save the shopping list, click Save. The shopping list will be saved and you will be displayed relevant success message.
- Now you can add products to this shopping list. To add products to a shopping list, click icon of that list under Actions column. You will be routed to Manage Products - Shopping List Name page.
- To add products to this shopping list, click Add new products. You will be displayed Select Product For Mapping dialog box.
- There are multiple options for filtering the products. Select suitable filtering criteria and click GO. The relevant products will be listed as per your filtering criteria.
- Select the required products and click Add. The dialog box will be closed and the selected products will be displayed under Associated Products section.
- You can delete (if required) associated products of this list by selecting them and clicking Delete button.
- You can also add required products to this list by clicking Add new products button and following the corresponding procedure as explained above.
Editing an existing Shopping List
- To edit an existing shopping list, do the following:
- Click icon of that shopping list under Actions column. You will be routed to Add/Edit Shopping List page. You can modify allowed fields as per your requirement similarly as explained while creating a shopping list.
- To add more products or delete existing products of a shopping list, click icon of that list under Actions column. You will be routed to Manage Products - Shopping List Name page. Add or delete products as per your requirement similarly as explained while creating a shopping list.
Deleting an existing Shopping List
- To delete an existing shopping list, do the following:
- Click icon of that shopping list under Actions column. You will be asked for confirmation through a dialog box.
- Click OK of the dialog box. The dialog box will be closed, the shopping list will be deleted and you will be displayed relevant success message.
2. User defined lists
- To view the user defined lists, click User defined lists. You will be displayed the following section.
- Here you can list of the user defined shopping lists in two ways:
- i) If you know the email id (i.e. user name) of the user
- ii) If you don't know the exact email id of the user.
i) Finding 'User defined lists' if you know the email id (i.e. user name) of the user:
- If you know email id (i.e. user name), enter the same in Select User textbox and click button. Then the mailing lists of respective user (if any) will be displayed.
ii) Finding 'User defined lists' if you don't know the exact email id of the user.
- If you don't know the user, then you need to search the user. To do so, click Select Customer button. You will be displayed User List dialog box.
- There are multiple options for finding out the required user. Select the required criteria and click Search User. Then the respective user(s) matching the search criteria will be listed under Available Registered User section of User List dialog box.
- To select the required user, click Select link of that user under Select User column. The User List dialog box will be closed and the Shopping lists of selected user will be displayed under Available Shopping Lists section as shown in figure.
- Note: You can only view the 'User defined lists' and their associated products. But you can't delete or modify the 'User defined lists'.