Consider the following points before creating a Gift voucher campaign:
- Decide what you want to accomplish with your Gift Voucher Campaign.
- Consider what the voucher will actually cost you.
- Decide the number of vouchers you would want to create.
- Decide validity duration of the Gift Voucher.
- Decide whether to introduce Gift Voucher PIN or not
- Decide the partners/group/individuals you would want to allocate your Gift Vouchers to.
Types of Vouchers for giving Discounts:
- There are two types of vouchers for applying discounts:
- 'Gift Vouchers'
- 'Discount Vouchers'
- The following table depicts the differences between the 'Gift Vouchers' and 'Discount Vouchers'
|Gift Vouchers||Discount Vouchers|
|1. Created to apply exclusively Amount based (i.e. Flat Amount) discounts.||1. Can be created to apply both Percentage based (on Web Price) or Amount based (i.e. Flat Amount) discounts|
|2.Can be used multiple times till the amount/validity expires||2. It can be used only once. The leftover discount amount (if any) after using the discount voucher can't be reused again.|
|3. It is treated as a 'Payment option' (Payment Gateway) along with applicable discounts.||3. It can be used to avail discounts only.|
|4. Applicable to all products of Catalog||4. Can be applied to only those products that are associated to 'Discount Voucher Campaign'|
|5. Payment option Gift Voucher will be displayed in the Step-4 of 'Single Page Checkout' page if No. of Gift Vouchers per Order checkbox in Application Settings » Define Checkout settings page is selected and configured with a value equal or more than one.|
Please Refer: Checkout Settings
|5. Options for availing discounts will be displayed in the Display Cart page and in Step-3 of the 'Single Page Checkout' page by default.|
|6. You can enable PIN authentication for redeeming 'Gift Vouchers', which will be sent to the user along with voucher code. This 'Voucher PIN' will be used for validation purposes.||6. 'Voucher PIN' is not applicable in case of 'Discount Vouchers'|
Let's learn how to do the following activities in the 'Gift Vouchers' module: