- The 'Shipping Profile' interface facilitates to define the shipping charges based on the different scenarios. It consists of Shipping Codes, Modes and Zones.
- The shipping mode is a way of shipping the goods. It is the combination of a shipping company and shipping service offered by that company.
- Example: Aramex - Express, Aramex - Domestic, Blue Dart - Air, etc…
- The shipping modes are visible to the customers in the storefront for selection during the checkout. If a 'shipping mode' is used in multiple 'shipping codes', and those 'shipping codes' are associated with a single product, when any user opts that 'shipping mode', the combined charges will be applied to that product. Hence, care must be taken while association.
- Zones are geographical regions or jurisdiction area representing a Country, State or Territory, or City to which you ship goods. You can allocate different Shipping changes as per zone.
- The Shipping Codes are used for associating with your products for applying the shipping charges.
- You can configure a location against each shipping code if you have enabled the location wise shipping charges.
- You can also ensure the delivery area wise shipping charges by selecting the required areas.
- If shipping is not free, you can define the exclusive charges for the 'COD' shipping and 'Prepaid' shipping.
- Shipping Methods represent the base for calculating the shipping Charges. There are four types of shipping methods:
- Flat: Customer will be charged a specific flat amount for each product in an order
- Weight: Customer will be charged as per the weight of the individual product in an order
- Cart Weight: Customer will be charged as per the total weight of all products (Cart Weight) in an order
- Cart Amount: Customer will be charged as per the total amount of all products (Cart Amount) in an order
Let's learn how to do the following activities: