How do I create a GRN (Goods Receipt Note)?
To create a GRN, do the following:
- Log in to the 'MartJack Control Panel' by using your User Name (Email Address) and Password.
- You will be navigated to the Dashboard page.
- Click the icon. The Products section will be displayed as shown in the figure.
- Click Stock Management, and select the GRN. You will be navigated to the Stock Management > Manage GRNs page.
- You can find the list of previously created GRNs (if any) under the List of GRNs section.
- To create a new GRN, select a location for which you want to create the GRN from the Location drop-down.
- Click Add New GRN. The Add/Edit GRN page will be displayed.
- Select the date and time of GRN from the GRN Date 'date & time picker'
- If the products are the Vendor products, click Choose (optional). The Select Vendor dialog box will be displayed.
- Select the respective vendor and click Submit. The dialog box will be closed and the name of the selected vendor will be displayed in the Vendor Name text box.
- There are some additional fields (optional). To view the additional fields, click the icon of the Additional Details. The following section will be displayed.
- These additional details are self-explanatory. Specify relevant data in the required fields and click Save as Draft. The GRN number will be allotted automatically and the GRN will be saved as a draft.
- Now you can scan or bulk upload the SKUs for adding to this GRN.
- To scan the SKUs, click Scan SKUs and start scanning them. Once you finished, click Stop Scan.
- To confirm the GRN, click Confirm. If you want to make more changes in the GRN, click Save as Draft and save the GRN as a draft.
- To upload bulk SKUs, click Bulk Upload. The Bulk SKU Upload dialog box will be displayed.
- To download the default Excel sheet format, click the Click Here link. The GrnProductDefaultFormat.xlsx file will be downloaded. To open the Excel, double-click the same. The Excel will be displayed as shown in the figure.
- Update the Excel with relevant data and save the Excel.
- To upload the Excel, click Browse in the Bulk SKU Upload dialog box. A File Upload dialog box will be displayed.
- Select the respective file and click Open. The File Upload dialog box will be closed and the name of the selected file will be displayed in the Upload Excel text box of Bulk SKU Upload dialog box. To upload the file, click Upload. The file will be uploaded and the respective SKUs will be displayed under the List of SKUs section in the Add/Edit GRN page.
- This GRN is in the draft mode now. If you don't want to modify it, you can confirm the GRN. To confirm the GRN, click Confirm. A dialog box for confirmation will be displayed.
- Click OK on the dialog box. The dialog box will be closed, the GRN will be confirmed and you can find the Go to GRN Summary button.
- Click the Go to GRN Summary button, you will be navigated to the Stock Management > Manage GRNs page. You can find the recently confirmed GRN under the List of GRNs section.
- As the GRN is confirmed, you can only view or download the GRN through the or icons respectively under the Actions column.
- The GRNs which are not yet confirmed can be edited, deleted or downloaded through the , or icons respectively under the Actions column.