How do I add or edit 'Attributes' and 'Predefined Attribute Values' in a bulk quantity?
To add or edit 'Attributes' and 'Predefined Attribute Values' in a bulk quantity, do the following:
- Log in to the 'Anywhere Commerce Control Panel' by using your User Name (Email Address) and Password.
- You will be navigated to the Dashboard page.
- Click the icon. The Products section will be displayed as shown in the figure.
- Click Bulk Tools, and select Bulk Category Attribute tab. You will be navigated to the Bulk Tools > Manage Category Attributes page.
- Here you can download default bulk attribute Excel format (i.e. without data) or bulk attribute Excel with existing data of selected categories.
- To download the default bulk attribute excel template, click the link Click Here as shown in the figure. You will be displayed the following dialog box.
- To open the file, click the link click here as shown in the figure. The CategoryAttributes.xlsx file will be downloaded with blank data.
Open the CategoryAttributes.xlsx file and update the data as per your requirement.
- Note: Please observe the following while updating the CategoryAttributes.xlsx file. You can also refer: Define Attributes for Custom Categories for knowing about the required information regarding 'Attributes' and 'Attribute Values'.
- The 'Category Reference Code' is Mandatory.
- The 'Attribute Name' is Mandatory.
- Specify the 'Attribute Reference Code'. If you don't specify, the system will autogenerate it.
- The 'Hide' column should be either True / False or Y / N, which indicates 'True' or 'False' respectively.
- Note: If you hide an attribute, it will be deactivated from storefront (both in 'Product Details' page and in 'Refine Search' control)
- You can't specify new 'Category Ref Codes' here. It should be one of the existing 'Category Ref Codes'
- 'Data Type' defines the type of 'Attribute Value'. It should be either String or Numeric. 'String' field accepts both numeric and alphabetic attribute values; whereas, 'Numeric' field accepts only numeric values.
- You can download bulk attribute excel with existing data of selected categories.
- To download bulk attribute excel with existing data of selected categories, click Choose. You will be displayed a Select Category dialog box.
- The categories that are configured with your store will be displayed here. Select the required categories/sub-categories.
- Click Submit. The Select Category dialog box will be closed and the name(s) of the selected category (categories) will be displayed in the Category text box.
- Click Download. You will be displayed the following dialog box.
- To open the file, click the link click here as shown in the figure. The CategoryAttributes.xlsx file will be downloaded with existing data of selected categories.
- Open the CategoryAttributes.xlsx file and update the data as per your requirement.
- Here, you can define new attributes or modify the data of existing attributes. You can also define Predefined Attribute Values or modify the existing 'Predefined Attribute Values'.
- After updating the CategoryAttributes.xlsx file, save it. Now you need to upload it through the Bulk attribute Upload section in the Masters > Manage Category Attributes page.
- Click Browse in the Bulk attribute Upload section. You will be displayed a File Upload dialog box.
- Select the updated the CategoryAttributes.xlsx file from the saved location and click Open. The dialog box will be closed and the CategoryAttributes.xlsx file name will be displayed beside the 'Browse' button as shown in the figure.
- Click Upload. If all the rows are successfully uploaded, you will be displayed a relevant success message.
- If some of the rows are failed to upload, you can find a Upload Status section along with a View Log link.
- To view the log summary of failed rows, click the View Log link in Upload Status section. You will be navigated to the Bulk Tools > Log Summary page.
- You need to verify the logs and rectify the data accordingly before uploading it again.