How do I assign the attribute values for multiple products in a bulk quantity?
- The 'Bulk Product Attribute Download and Upload' interface allows you to bulk download the product attributes data by category wise in an Excel format, and to upload the 'attributes values' against the existing attributes of required custom products against each category.
- You can quickly add, remove or edit the 'attribute values' against the existing attributes of required products from the required categories in a matter of seconds.
To assign the attribute values for multiple products in a bulk quantity, do the following:
- Log in to the 'Anywhere Commerce Control Panel' by using your User Name (Email Address) and Password.
- You will be navigated to the Dashboard page.
- Click the icon. The Products section will be displayed as shown in the figure.
- Click Bulk Tools, and select Bulk Product Attribute Download & Upload. You will be navigated to the Bulk Tools > Product Attribute Download and Upload page.
- There are two tabs here, namely, Download and Upload. By default, the Download tab will be selected.
Downloading the product attributes' data by category wise:
- Let's learn how to download the product attributes' data by category wise:
- First you need to download the product attributes data by category wise to update the attribute values in bulk quantity. To do so, click Choose. The Select Category dialog box will be displayed.
- The categories that are configured at your store will be displayed here. Find the required category (categories) and select.
- Click Submit. The Select Category dialog box will be closed and the name of the selected category (categories) will be displayed in the 'Category' box.
- Click Download. The download task will be initiated with a task id and the data will be downloaded under the Task History section.
- You can find , and , icons under the Action column.
- To open the downloaded excel file, click the icon of the respective downloaded task. The ProductAttributeXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.xlsx file will be downloaded.
- To open the 'ProductAttributeXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.xlsx' file, double-click the file. The Excel will be displayed as shown in the figure.
- Update the attribute values and unit for attribute values (if any) in the Attribute_Name# and Attribute_Unit# respectively against required categories. In case of predefined attribute values, please verify the PredefinedValues sheet before defining them.
- Note: You cannot upload other 'predefined attribute values' which are not listed here for the respective category.
- After completing the updation, save the Excel in a suitable location.
Uploading the product attributes' data (in bulk quantity) through an Excel file:
- Let's learn how to upload bulk product attributes' data (in bulk quantity) through an Excel file:
- Click the Upload tab in the Bulk Tools > Product Attribute Upload page. The following section will be displayed.
- To locate the excel file, click Browse. You will be displayed a File Upload dialog box.
- Select the respective excel (i.e. ProductAttributeXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.xlsx) and click Open. The dialog box will be closed and the name of the selected file will be displayed in the Product Attribute Sheet box.
- Click Upload. The ProductAttributeXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.xlsx will be uploaded. The upload will be dynamically updated under the Task History section.
- Note: You can download the latest associated attribute values for crosschecking by clicking relevant the icon.
- You can delete this task (if required) from Product Attribute Uploads section by clicking relevant the icon.
- If some of the attribute values are not uploaded due to validations or exceptions, you can find the icon against that upload task under the Action column.
- Click the icon under the Action column. You will be navigated to the Error Logs Summary page.
- You can find Upload Summary and Error Logs here. You can verify error messages under Message column.
- You can read the error messages, rectify the mistakes and upload the data again.